What you should do if you are sexually assaulted
- Get to a safe location
- Do not rinse your mouth, bathe,douche or shower. You may be washing away evidence.
- Do not change clothes. If you go to the hospsital, take a change of clothes with you.
- Seek medical attention quickly for possible injuries, even if you don't feel physically hurt, and to test for pregnancy and sexually transmitted disease.
- You are not required to report the assault to the police.
- If you choose to report the assault to the police, you do not have to prosecute.
- If you choose not to prosecute, you may change your mind later. Your case will be stronger, however, if you seek medical and police support immediately.
- Don't panic. Help is available for all your needs.